Welcome to the Waive Your School’s Insurance Center!
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under a government sponsored plan or Employee sponsored Plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
2022-2023 Waiver Information
All international F-1 and J-1 students are required to enroll in this insurance Plan at registration unless proof of a government sponsored plan or Employee sponsored is furnished. Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their eligible Dependents. US Citizens are not eligible for coverage as a student or dependent.
For those students who do not submit an approved waiver form before the deadline, you will be required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan. Please refer to the “Enroll Now” tab for further instructions. If you do not meet one of these requirements a hold will be placed on your student account and you will be unable to enroll in classes.
Once enrolled there are no refunds or cancellations.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance you will not be eligible to enroll until the following semester unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
- Annual: 8/8/22 – 8/7/23 (Deadline: 09/12/22)
- Fall: 8/8/22 – 12/31/22 (Deadline: 09/12/22)
- Fall 1: 8/8/22 – 10/17/22 (Deadline: 09/12/22)
- Fall 2: Fall 2 10/18/22 – 12/31/22 (Deadline: 11/23/22)
- Spring: Spring: 1/1/23 – 5/21/23 (Deadline: 02/01/23)
- Spring1: 1/1/23 – 3/19/23 (Deadline: 02/02/23)
- Spring 2 3/20/23 – 5/21/23 (Deadline: 04/20/23)
Please note to submit your waiver you will be asked to login using your Webster Student ID number.
After you verify that you are a hard waiver student and have other insurance you will need the following to waive:
- Webster Student ID #
- Your current health insurance plan ID card,
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions). There might be a few questions about your current plan.
Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Pending e-mail– Your waiver request has not been accepted; it is in a pending status. Please check you email for all updates to your waiver status.
- Approval e-mail– Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records. Please note, each semester you will be required to do a waiver.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please contact us.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance, you will not be eligible to enroll until the following semester, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
If you did not enroll during your open enrollment period and have since lost coverage under your original plan, you may qualify for a Qualifying Life Event upon providing proof of involuntary loss of coverage and payment within 30 days of losing coverage. (example: marriage, divorce, loss of job, etc) The enrollment form, check or money order, and the letter of creditable coverage must be received within 30 days of losing coverage. After 30 days the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan until Fall of the following school year.
Please CONTACT US for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please call 1-888-251-6253 or CONTACT US
We are always happy to help in any way.