Waive Your School's Insurance
This page is for those students who wish to opt-out (waive) out of the coverage under their school’s student insurance plan. The school’s student insurance plan can only be waived if the student has coverage under another acceptable insurance plan.
The first step to waive out of your school’s student insurance coverage is to verify that you are an eligible student.
2016-2017 Waiver Information
- All International Students
Are required to purchase this plan unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.
Please Note: If you waive the insurance you will not be eligible to enroll until the following school year unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event.
- Annual/Fall Waiver Deadline: 9/16/16
- Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline (New Incoming Students Only): 2/10/17
Please Note: Failure to take action by Deadline will result in your student account being placed on hold.
After you verify that you are required to waive and have other insurance you will need:
- Your current health insurance plan ID card,
- Your health insurance brochure or plan description (or you might want mom & dad’s phone number handy to help answer some of the waiver questions). There might be a few questions about your current plan.
Once you have completed the waiver form, an email will automatically be sent to the email address you provided notifying you of the waiver request decision. If you receive a:
- Approval e-mail– Your waiver was approved. You should print this e-mail and save it with your records.
- Denial e-mail– Your waiver was denied. If you would like us to look this over or if you answered a question incorrectly, please contact us.
If you did not enroll during your open enrollment period and have since lost coverage under your original plan, you may qualify for a Qualifying Life Event upon providing proof of involuntary loss of coverage and payment within 30 days of losing coverage. (example: marriage, divorce, loss of job, etc) The enrollment form, check or money order, and the letter of creditable coverage must be received within 30 days of losing coverage.After 30 days the student will no longer be eligible to enroll in the plan until Fall of the following school year.
Please CONTACT US for cost and enrollment information as a Qualifying Life Event.